Studies on business trends, information provision and assistance on environment and social issues with focus on climate change
With growing interests on ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) investment and ESG management, we consider the climate change measures as business challenges. We mainly provide advisory services on subjects listed below which contribute to formulation and execution of company's long-term environmental goals and reporting of non-financial information among others. Our advisory services can be in various forms such as carrying out researches to gather information beneficial to the clients, conducting in-house study sessions, providing information on a regular basis, and preparing research reports.
- Domestic and international trends on ESG Investment
- Domestic and international trends on public policy and industries on climate changes measures (climate change mitigation and adaptation)
- Trends on climate finance (Green Climate Fund, green bonds, etc.)
- Disclosure of climate change related business risks and opportunities (Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures: TCFD, CDP, etc.)
- Trends on private sector initiatives on environment (RE100, Sustainable Development Goals: SDGs)
- Latest trends on environment and social topics (EU High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance: HLEGEU, the Conference of the Parties (COP) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change: COP, carbon pricing, etc.)
Assistance to overseas projects development for environmental businesses
- The Japanese government provides various support programs to overseas environmental businesses (i.e. climate change mitigation and adaptation) development by Japanese companies, such as through feasibility studies, model projects, and demonstration studies.
- Building on our know-how and experience in CDM and JCM, Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities assists clients to materialize their overseas environmental business developments by utilizing Japanese government programs.
- Clients successfully selected for the program will benefit from: expansion of overseas sales channels for low-carbon technologies/services; backing on the project from both Japanese and host country governments; promotional effect of high media attention on the project; and more.